The Government of Kenya intends to hire locally based Public Relations
Officers to serve in various foreign missions, abroad.
Candidates for this post must have the following qualifications:-
- A University Degree in Public Relations/Journalism/Mass
Communication and must have good knowledge in ICT. Possession
of postgraduate qualifications in the relevant fields(s) will
be an added advantage.
- Have worked in major media houses for a period of not less
than 5 years and;
- Have proven knowledge about Kenya (e.g. its economy, politics
and people) but not necessarily have worked/lived in Kenya.
The Successful candidates will:-
- Serve on a two (2) year renewable contract.
- Report to the local Ambassador/High Commissioner for day to
day operations and liaise with the Permanent Secretary, Ministry
of Information and Communications in Kenya and;
- Work closely with appointed lobby companies, and the local
A suitable package will be offered to qualified persons.
Applications together with C.V.S., copies of certificates and
testimonials should be submitted to reach the undersigned on or
before 1st May, 2006.
Ministry of Information
P.O. Box 30025
– 00100 ,
Short listed candidates will have to travel to Nairobi for the
interview at their own expenses on dates to be notified to them.