Kenya is one of the world’s great tourism destinations, known for its remarkable diversity of landscapes, wildlife and cultures.
The country has assorted attractions which include white sandy beaches, spectacular birdlife, tropical forests, cultural diversity, conference tourism, snow capped mountains, agro tourism and wildlife safari.
Kenya is home to six unique world heritage sites identified by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World heritage sites namely: Mount Kenya National Park and Natural forest, Fort Jesus, Old Town Lamu, Kenya Lake system in the Great Rift Valley, the Sacred Mijikenda Kaya Forest and Turkana National Park.
Lake Turkana National Park - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
Kenya also offers some of the finest natural attractions in the world including the seventh natural wonder of the world, the wildebeest migration that starts from July of every year combined with an excellent network of hotels and game lodges that give visitors value for business and pleasure.
Wildebeest Migration at the Maasai Mara
The country is also famous for hosting the Nairobi National Park which is the only national park in the world located in a central business district. There are 26 national parks and reserves in the country managed by the Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS). Click here to see list http://www.kws.go.ke/national-parks
Kenya has also scooped many International awards over the years. In 2016, Kenya’s tourism industry received more than ten awards at the 23rd World Travel Awards for her leading airlines, hotels and wildlife safari products.
Tourists are urged to book hotels or reservations with registered travel agents whose profiles are available in the Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO) website. You can download the Kenya Tour Operator's guide and Kenya Hotel and Restaurant Guide to select a preferred tour operator by clicking on the links below:
- Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO) CLICK TO OPEN
- Kenya Association of Hotelkeepers and Caterers (KAHC) CLICK TO OPEN
The following websites will also be useful to you:
- Magical Kenya http://www.magicalkenya.com
- Kenya Forest Service http://www.kenyaforestservice.org
- Kenya Association of Hotel Keepers and Caterers http://www.kahc.co.ke
- Kenya Investment Authority www.investmentkenya.com
- The Kenya Tourist Development Corporation http://www.ktdc.co.ke
- Brand Kenya Board www.brandkenya.co.ke/
- Export Promotion Council (EPC) www.epckenya.org
- Eco-Tourism Society of Kenya http://www.ecotourismkenya.org
- Conference tourism directory – Go Places directory
- Kenya Hotel & Restaurant Guide – Click here to open
- Investment procedures and opportunities in Kenyan national parks and reserves – click here to open
- Charter flight operators