VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Position: Consular Assistant II
The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Rome is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position of Consular Assistant II. The successful applicant will join us in providing consular assistance to Kenyan nationals in Italy and its countries of accreditation and will play a key role in front-line service delivery, with a focus on consular assistance and to day-to-day administrative duties within the Consular Section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing consular assistance in accordance with the current Government of Kenya guidelines, in regards to issuing of visas, passports, resident/entry permits and passes. certificates, certificate of good conduct, certificate of no impediment
- 2.Overseeing routine administrative tasks in the consular section including processing emergency travel documents, consular certificate of no impediment to marriage, birth to transport human remains/ashes and related inquiries. declarations,
3. Preparation of applications for declaration of a dual and regaining citizenship.
4. Preparation and coordination with relevant authorities for facilitation of issuance of fingerprints.
5. Correspondence, outreach and provision of emergency services to Kenyan nationals in Italy and Countries of accreditation.
6. Maintaining close links with local authorities including, but not limited to, law enforcement, and correctional facilities.
7. Provide excellent customer service; including handling enquiries from members of the public while being confident in delivering difficult messages/managing expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree from an accredited university in any social sciences or a post-secondary school level qualification with demonstrable knowledge and understanding of consular issues, at least 3 years of relevant work experience and training related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and respect diversity
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and Italian.
- Possesses demonstrable problem solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise, effectively manages, and executes multiple tasks.
- A good knowledge of Kenya and , its language, and geography would be an added advantage
- Kenyan nationals are especially encouraged to apply for the position
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 25th June, 2020
Interested applicants should send an up to date CV to
KENYA EMBASSY ROME
The International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), a regional inter-governmental organization based in Bujumbura, Burundi and its constituent institution, Levy Mwanawasa Regional Centre for Democracy and Good Governance (LMRC) based in Lusaka, Zambia, have announced the following vacancies for which qualified Kenyan nationals may apply:
1. At the ICGLR Secretariat-Bujumbura, Burundi a) Director, Peace and Security
b) Director, Gender, Women and Children Issues c) Director, Cross Cutting Issues
d) Director, Economic Development and Regional Integration e) Director, Communications
f) Legal Advisor
g) Head, Documentation and Conference Services
h) Human Resource Officer
2. At the LMRC – Lusaka, Zambia
a) Regional Director
b) Head of Research, Training and IT c) Head of Fora and Observations
Interested candidates may access the detailed vacancy announcement on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website; www.mfa.go.ke
Application must be submitted by 20th June, 2020 at 2pm to the following email address: email@example.com contact number +254 20 3318888 ext 117