Emergency Travel Document
An “Emergency Certificate” is a one-way travel document which is issued to Kenyan nationals who do not have a valid passport at the time when they wish to travel to Kenya. This document is merely intended to facilitate travel to Kenya, and does not allow for a return journey. The person to whom it was issued must, therefore, obtain a valid Kenyan passport during their stay in Kenya, so as to ensure that they can actually leave Kenya again.
NOTE: Please note that Emergency Travel Document is valid for use for 1 month from the date of issue.
- Letter explaining reason for travel/emergency
- Proof of Kenyan citizenship i.e. copy of lost passport; original expired Kenyan Passport; National ID card; For minors copy of birth certificate or birth extract certificate.
- Police Report if passport is lost
- Confirmed flight booking/ticket
- Duly filled passport form 19, (click to download form)
- 3 coloured passport size photographs.
- € 20 processing fee For Payment Click here
- The Application can be personally delivered to the Embassy, or sent by a courier.
- The applicant has to arrange for collection of passport once finalized by courier ( The Couriers way bill to be sent to the Embassy via email – email@example.com).